Sunday, February 6, 2011

Remember Spring???

As I am sitting here watching more snow fall outside my window I cant help but wonder how many more days of this I can take.It is really a quite beautiful snow right now but I am tired of all the white and am ready for the green grass, and the blue skies, the birds chirping and the smells of spring.

Remember Tulips?
They seem to never mind that there is still some snow in the forecast.
 Their beautiful colors never cease to amaze me and their promise of what is yet to come

Magnolias
And their breathtakingly beautiful blooms with their sweet fragrance
                                                    Hyacinths and daffodils

And Lilacs, Oh that wonderful fragrance that fills up the house in giant gathered bouquets

When I finally see this visitor in my yard I know that springs beauty is not to far away 
The robin is always the first voice you hear in the morning and last before you sleep
The bright blue eggs are a welcome sight
 
For they are a promise of renewal
And New Life
I guess I should thank winter really. Even though its long and tiring and yes sometimes even beautiful, without it I wouldnt appreciate all the wonderful things that Spring brings with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...