Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Conguered The Cinnamon Roll!

If you have read any of my previous postings you will know that I am bread challenged. As hard as I tried I never had much luck with homemade breads. Well just recently I am proud to say that I did indeed bake a loaf of bread and it was delightful. Well today I decided to tackle the cinnamon roll. Up until now any cinnamon roll that was baked in our house came from a tube. But today I did it!!! The whole house smelled delicious and my cinnamon rolls turned out perfect. I am so proud!!

The start of the dough!
Rolled out and spread with butter, sugar, and cinnamon (one whole stick of butter) yikes!!
 Rolled up and ready for cutting
Good thing I have a dishwasher, Im quite the messy baker :) 


Placed in a warm place to rise

I was worried that they werent going to raise because I kept getting sidetracked by this one



But thankfully they did. All ready to go into the oven! 
I

Frosted and ready to eat!!! Yum! Im not sure what Im going to do with them  because there is no way Im allowing myself to eat them all
It's such a good feeling when you try something you have always been wanting to do and you succeed at it! I even managed to chase after two puppies the whole time I was making them.My next challenge is going to be Hawaiian  Bread.

Heres the recipe I used ! The frosting is so awesome!

Ingredients

  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 6 cups all-purpose flour
  •  
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 cups dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  •  
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 tablespoon butter, softened
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 tablespoons milk

Directions

  1. Warm the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in the butter; stir until melted. Add water and let cool until lukewarm.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the milk mixture, yeast, white sugar, salt, eggs and 2 cups flour; stir well to combine. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
  3. Divide dough into two pieces. Roll each piece into a 12x9 inch rectangle. In a bowl, stir together the cinnamon and brown sugar. Spread each piece with half of the butter, half of the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough, using a little water to seal the seam.
  4. Cut each roll into 12 slices using a very sharp knife or dental floss. Place rolls onto two 9x13 inch greased baking pans. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
  6. To make frosting; combine confectioner's sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Add milk gradually until frosting reaches a spreading consistency. Spread over warm (but not hot) cinnamon rolls

recipe from Here

2 comments:

  1. Howdy! I hopped over from Chickens In The Road. I just had to read your cinnamon rolls post. I try and blame my louzy bread making on my high altitude (6300 ft) but no matter what I do I just don't have the touch, rather I am a little touched in the head.

    I so glad you had success! they looked awesome and I am sure they were wonderful!

    Thanks for sharing! Marla

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should really try out the recipe. It was so easy. I never expected them to turn out and was so surprised when they did.Trust me if I can do it its pretty doable lol!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...