Friday, January 21, 2011

An Unwanted Visitor....Well if your a bird anyway

This Hawk has decided that he likes our pasture. Its wide open and great for catching those mice he seems to love. He is eating the seeds out of a giant sunflower that we left in the garden in this picture.

For the past month I have witnessed this graceful bird go about his daily life. He is usually perched atop one of  our fence posts or in the mulberry tree. I have been trying for awhile now to get a good photo of him but so far he isnt allowing any close-ups
At our old farmhouse we use to have alot of evergreen trees and were lucky enough to have a hawk family raise their young one year on our farm. I have pictures and video of the babies when the momma was teaching them how to fly. I will have to look back through photos and find them and post them here in the future.Hard to believe that such ugly babies turn into such beautiful adults.
I now know why I dont have as many birds visiting my feeders as I use to. Yesterday he sat for a good hour right here in this spot in the picture above just watching them eating at the bird feeders. Im not happy that he sees them as potential dinner but I have to accept it.
.
It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful gods creatures really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...