Tuesday, January 25, 2011

If Only A Picture Could Speak

I collect old photographs. I look for them at Auctions, Antique stores and Estate sales. Im mostly drawn to the objects in the backgrounds or the clothing that is worn. I find myself daydreaming about what it would be like just to step into that picture for awhile. Sometimes the people have such stern faces and other times you can just see the love shining right through their eyes. I never understood why someone would give up these old mementos of their families histories.I guess if they didnt then I wouldnt be able to have them as my own.


 Even though I dont know anyone in the old photos as I look at them in their frames ,on our walls, and  shelves in our home I cant help but to think of them as part of our family now too. I hope that somehow they know that they are not just forgotten faces but a link to the past and a hope for our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...