Sunday, January 16, 2011

Meet Willie

This is our barn cat "One Eyed Willie"
He has quickly become one of my favorite faces in the barn. It wasnt always that way though.
When he was just a kitten I wasnt allowed to come near him or pet him or even look at him! He wasnt gonna have anything to do with me. Im not sure why that was just the way he wanted it.
We moved to our very own farm house in the summer of 2009. When we did we brought all of our farm cats from our previous rented farmhouse with us. It was not an easy thing to do as some of them didnt want to be caught and taken to a new farm but I wasnt going to leave any of them behind regardless of how they felt about me. Well we made it through summer and Willie grew into a beautiful black cat. He still hated me though but put up with me cuz I bring the food. Well when winter rolled around Willie got very sick, he had colds in his eyes and  a horribly plugged up nose. The mama in me decided that whether he liked it or not I was gonna help him . It was really quite easy the first time to catch him because due to the cold he had he wasnt able to see me. Well after lots of growling and kicking I was able to hold him for the first time and wipe his nose and put medicine on his eyes. Day after day I did this and finally he decided that I wasnt really all that bad or he figured he didnt have a choice I guess. Well long story short he finally got better. I was really worried that he wasnt going to pull through but he did. His right eye isnt the same but he seems to be ok with that. Thats how he got his name . Im not only a country girl but am also a huge movie buff.One eyed Willie from the Goonies just seemed to fit him. He has a pirate way about him.
He doesnt like to share
And is always the first head in the food bowl
(notice the cat food on his head and the macaroni on his back)

He has become a totally different cat than what he use to be. He is usually the first one to greet me in the morning and at night when I feed everyone. He is known to purr on occasion and rub his fur all over your pant legs so you will give him some attention.He also is a teacher as I have noticed him taking the other younger kids on adventures. Showing them how to climb trees and teaching them that the water in the creek always tastes better than the bowl.


It just goes to show that if you show love to an animal they will love you just as much right back.

Now I wonder if I can find a eye patch thats cat sized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...